Yamaha unveiled the new Peter Hook signature bass which is going to be produced in really limited numbers. Only 14 instruments will be available in the US. Yamaha and Peter Hook, the bass player for Joy Division and New Order, have been working together for many years now. They came up with an instant classic looking bass which features details from the original BB1200S and the BB734A.
Peter Hook has been known to play Yamaha BB basses. Before this signature bass, he was playing the BB1200S for many years with Joy Division or with his own band, Peter Hook and the Light.
The color of this bass was inspired by his other basses, most notably his BB1200S. It has a red gloss polyurethane finish on a three-piece Alder-Maple-Alder body.
The neck is constructed with a 6 bolt miter neck joint and has 21 frets. Furthermore, a little extra flair of this bass is Peter Hook’s signature on the back of the headstock.
The electronics of this bass are pretty simple. One volume knob and an active 3 band EQ. It also boasts an active/passive switch if you want to bypass the active preamp. The pickup is a reversed VSP7 split single pickup which gives you a more unique P-Bass sound.
- Body – Alder/Maple/Alder Construction
- Finish – Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck – Maple/Mahogany, 5 Pieces
- Neck Finish – Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard – Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius – 10″ (250 mm)
- Number of Frets – 21
- Nut Materials – Graphtech
- Pickup – Reversed VSP7n: Split Single-Coil / Alnico V
- Controls – Master Volume, 3-Band EQ (Bass, Middle, Treble), Active/Passive Switch
- Hardware – Bridge Vintage Plus: Convertible Stringing, Brass Saddle, Steel Plate
- String Spacing – 19 mm
- Tuning Machines – Lightweight Open Gear